Anthem Ventura is part a family of churches helping people find their way back to God. The Anthem family of churches is united around shared mission, vision, values, and submission to the Lordship of King Jesus. In our cities, we are working to obey Jesus in helping people find their way back to God.
COVID-19 Response & Update
Mar 12, 2020
As many of you already know, the on-going global health situation, COVID-19 (Coronavirus), has continued to develop, and we are seeing people respond in a wide variety of ways. Amidst the fear and anxiety surrounding our current situation, we believe that the Church is called by God to be beacons of light, rooted in the gospel, and we believe that we can live from a spirit of confidence and faith in our good Father, rather than a place of fear.
2 Timothy 1v7
 for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control. (ESV)
Ultimately we are placing our trust in Jesus above anything or anyone else. Thus, we are seeking Jesus for how to respond. We want to be diligent and wise in our response, but also not motivated by fear and anxiety.
While the current risk in Ventura is low, we also don't want to be dismissive to that pending possibility, and have been making sure to be getting the latest information from our city and county with any guidance toward large group gatherings. (i.e. Sunday gatherings, Alpha, etc.)
The churches throughout the area have been in regular communication with one another, as well as advisors and officials so as to posture ourselves appropriately as we seek a path of wisdom between ambivalence and fear.
A few encouragements from Scripture:
- The bible encourages us not to be anxious about anything (Phil 4v6)
- Pray that God will use this situation to help people find their way back to God (Matt 28v18-20, 1 Tim 2v4)
- Choose to trust our trustworthy God (Prov 3v5-6) that he will use every situation for our good and His glory (Rom 8v18-30).
- If you are feeling fearful, seek the Lord (Psalm 94v19)
What you can do
- If you or an immediate family member has shown signs of sickness, please do not attend a church gathering until those symptoms are completely gone. Symptoms include but are not limited to:
-- Wet Cough
-- Respiratory Issues
-Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue
- Please offer a fist-bump or air-hug in place of your handshake or embrace
- Clean frequently touched surfaces and objects daily
- We will do our best to keep hand sanitizer and/or dry soap on premise but as supplies are low feel free to bring your own.
And remember, just because you don't think this impacts you doesn't mean it doesn't impact someone else.
What we are doing
These are regular practices we take here at Anthem Church, and we are increasing our diligence due to our current moment:
- Providing regular sanitization of kids classroom toys
- Notifying every volunteer that if they are exhibiting any flu-like symptoms to stay home
- Carefully watching the guidance from our city and county to determine the best course of action as things develop especially as they pertain to large group gatherings
Ways to remain connected at Anthem if you need to stay home
Anytime you miss a Sunday Gathering, you can always catch up with our sermons online in your podcast app of choice, or through the Anthem App.
If you miss a Sunday and want to worship through giving, you can do so online: anthemventura.org/giving or in the Anthem App.
The Anthem App is also the primary place we’ll be communicating about any necessary changes. Please make sure you have the app downloaded and push notifications turned on to stay in the loop!
We are closely monitoring the situation
We will continue to monitor the state and county health departments and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC) for updates, resources, and information.
While the extent and severity of the virus is still unknown, we feel these steps are helpful in preventing the spread of the virus. We have a high value for safety at Anthem Church and appreciate your help in creating a safe space for children and adults.
As of this writing, Sunday Gatherings, Alpha, and Community Groups will continue as normal, unless the situation in our city and county changes. We will do our best to keep everyone informed of these changes.
Ultimately, we want to be people of peace in troubled times.
 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid. (ESV)
- The Anthem Ventura Elder Team